Support Worker - Portsmouth
We are recruiting for Support Workers / Care Assistants in Portsmouth now!
Portsmouth - PO1
Full time and Part time
We are looking for Support Workers in Portsmouth to cover various shifts from full time and part time.
As a support worker, you’ll be helping people you support to live the individual life they want, ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support.
This role will involve working with two gentleman in their own home who has physical disabilities and require mobility support (Wheelchair users / moving of equipment etc).You will help them to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required, whilst helping, encouraging, supporting and teaching the people we support to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry. They are both sociable gents who like various activities including watching wrestling, going to football and gigs, going out for meals and getting out in mobility vehicle. You will also support with personal care.
We want you to develop professionally as a support worker. This means that you are expected to get involved and contribute in meetings, work towards gaining qualifications about your work, attend training courses and be willing to learn new things and ways of working.
These vary week on week to work around the people we support.
For example - 7am - 3pm / 2:30pm - 9/10pm / long days / split shifts / alternate weekends and maybe include a sleep in. (To be discussed at interview)
For further information, please contact Kathy on 07392 867098.
We offer fantastic benefits, training and a great team environment.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- OTE £21,846.50
- Support Worker