Support Worker - Sheffield
Full-time and part-time - 16-37.5 hours per week
Full UK driving licence essential
Are you wanting a career where you're making a positive difference in someone's life? Do you believe in everyone’s right to live the life they wish? If so, come and join us. Make a difference. Support people in your community.
We’re currently looking for people to join our friendly team on a full-time and part-time basis, who are fully committed to providing outstanding care and support to others. You will be supporting people with learning disabilities and/or autism and it's important to them that you are reliable, patient and do what you say you will do. Honesty and integrity is everything.
We currently support three fabulous gentlemen in their 50s and 60s who love walking, being out in the car and watching TV and films! The things they love watching the most are the football, the snooker and horse racing. To be a part of their support team, you don’t need to like the same things, but they do ask that you’re attentive to their interests and are willing to engage in discussions about them.
As a support worker, you may experience behaviours that others could find challenging. Previous experience of supporting people with challenging behaviour is always welcome but if you're willing to learn, we have fantastic training available to all our colleagues, no matter what your experience level. We will support you to feel confident in your new role.
In a typical shift you can expect to:
- Help people to learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Support people with shopping and housework, including cleaning and laundry
- Support people to actively engage with, and participate in, their local community
- Assist with personal care and medication
Shifts can vary depending on the needs of the people you’re supporting but typically they are 12 hours long, starting at 9am/10am for a day shift and starting at 9pm/10pm for a sleep-in shift.
If you have any further questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Islay on 07384 215 621.
To see how you will be rewarded for your hard work and commitment, please see the attached job description which details the full list of employee benefits.
At Dimensions we’re proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work Programme 2019 & 2020.
Please note the current pay rate for this position is 8.72 but as of 1st April this will increase to 8.91 per hour.
To apply, please click on the button below.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.
“Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.”
- Support Worker