Support Worker - Swansea
Support Worker / Care Assistant
Full time and part time
Full driving licence essential
Support Worker positions available now – with an outstanding benefit package!
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a difference to someone’s life every day? Are you also looking for a company that provides fantastic benefits to all their employees to also enhance your own life whilst working with us?
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme.
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit companies supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. At Dimensions we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Free driving Lessons and your first practical and theory test paid for
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
- Employee Assistance helpline and support for yourself and family
- Life Insurance pay out of 2 x your annual salary
- Full comprehensive training scheme with opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised
All we need to see from you is that you share our company values (found on our website).
About the role
A typical role will involve;
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Personal care
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities
We are looking for someone to support four gentlemen and one female aged between 20s to 30s in their own home in Swansea. The people we support love to get involved in various activities throughout the week, including swimming, cycling, walking, going to the cinema, lazer tag, cooking, gaming and going to disco's. However due to current events, they enjoy going out walking a lot more. We are looking for somebody who is upbeat, positive and energetic to support with all activities and to encourage new skills and development.
The role will require successful applicants to support the individuals in all aspects of day to day life, from support with finances, administering mediation through to helping with cooking and cleaning. There is also some additional training in PBM as there are elements of behaviours which challenge within the service (no manual handling required).
Shift patterns can vary to work around the people we support - These will include working earlier and lates, alternate weekends and bank holidays. This will be discussed at pre-screen and interview.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker