Support Worker - Swansea
Full Time and Part time - 20 - 37.5 Hours
Drivers licence essential
Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Swansea and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
This role will involve supporting 4 males and 1 female in their 20s and 30s in their own home in Swansea. The people we support love to get involved in various activities throughout the week, including swimming, cycling, walking, going to the cinema, lazer tag, cooking, gaming and going to disco's. However due to current events, they enjoy going out walking a lot more. We are looking for somebody who is upbeat, positive and energetic to support with all activities and to encourage new skills and development.
The role will require successful applicants to support the individuals in all aspects of day to day life, from support with finances, administering mediation through to helping with cooking and cleaning. There is also some additional training in PBM as there are elements of behaviours which challenge within the service. (no manual handling required)
Having a Full drivers licence is essential for this role.
Shift patterns can vary through the week - days, evenings, weekends and waking nights - This is to be discussed at interview.
For further information, please contact Hannah Issac on 07908 110 984.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Hannah Issac on 07908 110 984
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker