Support Worker - Waking Nights
We are recruiting for Waking Night Support Workers in Edgware. Whether you have worked in healthcare, mental health, autism, with challenging behaviour or maybe you have a background in retail, cleaning and coaching, this could be the career for you. Dimensions recruit against values and not previous experience.
As a valued support worker, you’ll be helping people you support to live the individual life they want, ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support. We are looking for ambitious individuals of a caring nature to work for an award winning company where we promote independence in a supportive environment.
We're looking for Waking Night Support Workers to support 3 young gentlemen in their own home. You'll support them whilst they're awake (getting ready for bed, including personal care, and when they wake up in the morning), whilst they're asleep you'll be completing admin and household tasks such as cleaning and washing. You'll support them if they wake up during the night and once they're awake in the morning with any laundry.
It is a 3:2 support so you will be working along side another support worker, doing 4 shifts from Monday - Sunday starting at 9:45pm - 10:15am.
The Role will involve
- Helping people to live the individual life they want
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Supporting people with their medication
- Supporting with personal care
- Encouraging, supporting and teaching to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure.
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Jan Aylott on 07769880843 or please click apply at the bottom to submit a short application.
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that’s why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- OTE £21,986.77
- Support Worker