Support Worker - Waking Nights
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
Start your day knowing you’ll make a difference - we are looking for females to join our team of Waking Night Support Workers in Swaston and Harston and create a positive difference that improves life for the people we support.
You'll support across two of our services in Sawston and Harston covering Waking Night shifts from 10pm - 7 am. There are 3 ladies in one service and 4 ladies and 2 gentleman in the other. You'll be supporting with personal care, helping them get ready for the night, supporting if they wake up during the night and when the wake up in the morning. There is manual handling involved which will include using a hoist. There are some that require to be fed via PEG. All training for the role will be provided.
Being a driver is preferable but not essential for the role.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit companies supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. At Dimensions we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Free driving Lessons and your first practical and theory test paid for
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
- Employee Assistance helpline and support for yourself and family
- Life Insurance pay out of 2 x your annual salary
- Full comprehensive training scheme with opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised
All we need to see from you is that you share our company values (found on our website).
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for your CV to be uploaded for the position.
- OTE £20,683.88
- Support Worker