Support Worker - Waking Nights
Support Worker - Female
Full time / Part time
We are looking for a female Support Worker in Bournemouth to cover our Waking nights shifts.
Joining the Dimensions team as a support worker, you will be given support and leadership from a locality manager, assistant locality manager or, in their absence, a lead support worker. As a support worker, you’ll be helping people you support to live the individual life they want, ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support.
You will receive extensive training including training in physical intervention to ensure you are equipped in understanding the correct ways to respond, cope and react to difficult situations, full induction to Dimensions and support with completion of the Care Certificate to enable you to fulfil the role and enhance your personal development.
The role will involve supporting two charismatic ladies in their 70s throughout the night. The role will involve you supporting throughout the night, ensuring the person/people you support are provided with the appropriate support, when required, in line the risk assessment and support plan, whilst also carrying out a number of key allocated tasks. This includes checking at regular intervals throughout the night to ensure they are comfortable, provide physical support and emotional reassurance when people are wakeful, you will have to keep some written records, using IT systems as required to help you, update support plans, incident logs, MARS sheets and health and safety records.
Shifts patterns - 9 hour shifts - (To be discussed at interview)
For further information, please contact Chloe on 07393012471.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker