Female Support Worker- Bury St Edmunds
Hourly rate: £9.66 per hour
Full time (37.5 hours/Waking nights)
Driver preferred but not essential
If you have a bubbly and happy personality who enjoys a lot of activities and a sing along, this position is perfect for you!
We are recruiting for Support Workers to support a woman in her mid 20's in Bury St Edmunds. She has her own flat and is looking for support workers who are active and can work independently to monitor and support this woman as and when she needs it during the night. Duties can include personal care, hourly checks and the expectation to carry out domestic duties which are unable to be carried out during day hours.
The waking nights role will need you to stay awake and work between 8pm-8am covering alternative weekends and bank holidays.
She enjoys activities such as swimming, bowling, going to the beach and trampoling. You will be working within a team on a 2:1 basis and have ongoing support from the management. Also they often attend regular social events as a team and they would love for you to join them!
This service is in an excellent location with the centre of Bury being a 5 minute walk away, 10 minute walk from bus station and close to Abbey Gardens.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
Why join us?
- 30 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays) and if that wasn’t enough we increase it by a day a year
- All work and no play is not fun, You can save with discounts off your favourite shops, restaurants and great days out
- Getting to work is an expensive business, save 50% towards the cost of learning to drive (30 driving lessons, one theory and one practical test included). Once you’re on the road, you can enjoy our 10% discount at Halfords perk!
- Whether you're buying your first home, moving house, purchasing a property to let, or re-mortgaging for a better deal, we can help you save money (Fee-Free Impartial Mortgage Advice)
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Long Service Awards, Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Dimensions is proud to be one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2021.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.