Here at Dimensions, we are looking for waking nights support worker to join us in Upper Penn, Wolverhampton. Working at our supported living service you will enhance the quality of life of four gentlemen who live there by empowering their independence. Dimensions Support Workers do not need prior experience in Health or Social Care as full training is given.
Shift pattern: 10.30pm - 7.30am on 3 weeks rolling rota (will be discussed at the interview)
The role is part time, working 18 hours a week. There is another member of staff at the service during the night on a sleep in shift.
As a Support Worker no two days are the same as we encourage the people we support, to live the most independent life they can and help them make informed choices.
What benefits are available?
- A competitive payrate of £9.60 per hour
- up to 35 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- Opportunities for career progression
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.)
- Life Assurance and Company Pension
- Industry leading training
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
What will I do?
- Checking the people, we support at regular intervals to ensure they are comfortable
- Provide personal care when required
- Conduct housework, including cleaning and laundry and record
- You will keep written records, using IT systems to record daily notes, and be confident using our systems to record incidents
- Ensure the premises is secure and safe during the night
- We do not need you to have prior experience as full training is given
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We know that you make a real difference to the lives of the people we support and their loved ones.
- We believe that everyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter their background, which is why we primarily recruit based on values, not just skills or experience. So, whether you've worked in health and social care before and are looking for more fulfilment from the work you genuinely enjoy or if you're searching for a change in careers then we'd love to hear from you.
- Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled