£9.20 per hour
Full time, part time and waking night roles available.
We are recruiting for two services in the Hellesdon area.
Why join us?
- 30 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays) and if that wasn’t enough we increase it by a day a year
- All work and no play is not fun, You can save with discounts off your favourite shops, restaurants and great days out
- Getting to work is an expensive business, save 50% towards the cost of learning to drive (30 driving lessons, one theory and one practical test included). Once you’re on the road, you can enjoy our 10% discount at Halfords perk!
- Whether you're buying your first home, moving house, purchasing a property to let, or re-mortgaging for a better deal, we can help you save money (Fee-Free Impartial Mortgage Advice)
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Long Service Awards, Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Dimensions is proud to be one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2021.
About our services:
One service in Hellesdon is supporting three fantastic women between the ages of 28-60 in their own chalet bungalow. We are looking for Support Workers who can support them to play bingo, go to cafes & restaurants, going to the seafront, playing games and arts & crafts. We would also be looking for Support staff who would be enthusiastic about supporting these three women on a short holiday break. Daily support will also be required with personal care, manual handling (pushing a wheelchair and hand on hand support), meal preparation, food shopping and supporting with nutrition.
If one fabulous service wasn’t enough! We are also recruiting for another supported living service in Hellesdon. This service is supporting three women and one gentleman to live independently. Two ladies go horse riding weekly and the gentleman attends day centre twice a week. They all enjoy going shopping, walking, trips to the seaside and generally being out and about finding new activities to do!
Duties will include full personal care, manual handling (Wheelchair and hoist) and support with nutrition and hydration (some of the people we support enjoy attending slimming world, are you counting your syns?).
Shifts will consist of long days, earlies and lates. You will be required to work flexible including alternative weekends, occasional bank holidays. Shift patterns will be discussed at interview stage.
Being a driver with access to a car is desirable but not essential.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.