Job title: Support Worker
Location: Reedham, Norfolk
Contract type: Permanent
Requirements: Full UK Driving Licence Essential + Access to a vehicle
Why join us?
- Full-time, Part-time and relief contracts available.
- £9.20 per hour plus £37 per sleep in’s
- All work and no play is not fun, so we offer 30 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays) and if that wasn’t enough we increase it by a day a year
- You can save with discounts off your favourite shops, restaurants and great days out
- Whether you're buying your first home, moving house, purchasing a property to let, or re-mortgaging for a better deal, we can help you save money (Fee-Free Impartial Mortgage Advice)
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance programme for you and your family members.
- Long Service Awards, Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Dimensions is proud to be one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2021.
Dimensions are recruiting for Support Workers in Reedham, Norwich on a full-time basis. This role will involve supporting two women who live in their own home between the ages of 45-70 years old.
Working in this role you will enjoy a variety of activities and trips out such as shopping, going to restaurants/cafes and walking around their local community as well as swimming (you don't need to be a strong swimmer as full training on how to support in the pool will be given).
They'll need support with some manual handling; pushing wheelchairs and hand support with transfers, personal care, household tasks, medication administration and meal preparation.
Be prepared to work flexibly as shift patterns can vary between 7am-10pm/earlies/lates / waking nights and occasional weekends and bank holidays.
Successful candidates will work well with the people we support with a person centered approach. No previous experience necessary.
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.