Location - Telford
Hourly rate - £9 per hour plus £37 per night for sleep-ins where applicable
Hours - 37.5 hours per week
Are you looking for a rewarding, role where you can achieve your own goals alongside helping others to achieve theirs? At Dimensions, Support Worker role is not a dead end job. We provide full qualifications and training, access to our award winning Aspire career development programme and career progression.
We are currently recruiting in Telford where we are supporting a number of people in their own homes with activities they enjoy. We support them with swimming, going on walks, day trips, spending time with family and friends, puzzles, arts & crafts, feeding the ducks and so on.
Whether you have previously worked within Health and Social Care as a Support Worker or Care Assistant or are looking for a complete change of career, we at Dimensions believe that everyone has something to offer the people we support and believe that life skills, the right attitude and genuine desire to help people improve their lives are the most important characteristic of a Support Worker.
What you can expect from a Support Worker role:
- Helping people with their shopping
- Helping people to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities.
- Helping the people we support to manage their own money.
- Supporting people with their day to day travel arrangements and holidays as required.
- Supporting people with their personal and intimate care as required. This includes supporting people to use the toilet, feed and dress themselves etc.
- Working in a supportive manner with colleagues, families and external parties, building trust by being open and honest.
- Keeping some written records, using IT systems as required to help you, including support plans, financial info and health and safety records.
We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate. Alongside our excellent training & qualifications programme, we also offer:
- Training time paid for
- Close-knit supportive team with excellent internal communication and regular team meetings
- Wellness programme
- No uniform and work in one location that helps you build meaningful working relationships
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Work place pension
- Access to award winning Aspire career development programme
- Employee recognition awards
- Upto 35 days annual leave
- Monthly pay on a set date
- £200 Recommend a friend bonus
- Paid shadow shifts
- Free monthly review, appraisals and feedback.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please click on the button below to complete the application process or send your CV to Ramya.Giri@dimensions-uk.org
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.