You will be working to support a lady with severe learning disabilities and autism to live independently in her own home. The lady leads a full and active life and requires support to attend activities such as swimming, going to the gym, riding her bike and visisting her local community to do shopping and activities of her choosing.
You will need to have a can-do attitude and be prepared to follow strict support guidelines as routine is extremely important to this lady, this will be a very rewarding position for the right candidate as you will play a large part in supporting this lady to live her best life. If you are looking for a new challenge and would be interested in a role where you will learn new skills and be part of a dynamic team then please apply or call Lindsey Rowland on 07702 973051 for an informal chat.
£9.50 per hour (additional £37.00 for sleep in)
Full time, part time and waking night roles available- get in touch to find out more!
Dimensions are looking for positive and enthusiastic Support Workers to join our expanding team in Skellingthorpe, Lincoln.
Why join us?
- Permanent contract with 24/7 shift patterns
- 30 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays) and if that wasn’t enough we increase it by a day a year
- All work and no play is not fun, You can save with discounts off your favourite shops, restaurants and great days out
- Getting to work is an expensive business, save 50% towards the cost of learning to drive (30 driving lessons, one theory and one practical test included). Once you’re on the road, you can enjoy our 10% discount at Halfords perk!
- Whether you're buying your first home, moving house, purchasing a property to let, or re-mortgaging for a better deal, we can help you save money (Fee-Free Impartial Mortgage Advice)
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Long Service Awards, Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Dimensions is proud to be one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2021.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about supporting adults to increase their independent living skills whilst facilitating positive community participation.
Your responsibilities as a Support Worker;
- To provide a high quality of care and support for adults with varying learning disabilities, autism, mental health and/or behaviours that challenage
- Recognising and celebrating what the person can do for themselves.
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose.
- Co-producing and designing support in partnership with the people who are being supported, their families, and their support teams. This includes developing and delivering their support plan, and reviewing the support they receive against the Dimensions values.
- Supporting people with their medication
- You will help the people we support to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required.
- Helping, encouraging, supporting and teaching the people we support to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting, encouraging and teaching people to maintain personal and intimate care as required, such as dressing themselves, showering/bathing, using the toilet, etc
Shift patterns will vary weekly and work around the people we support including 8am -3pm/3pm - 11pm/ (11pm - 8am) Sleep-in and alternate weekends (to be discussed at interview).
It is essential to be a driver to be considered for this role.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.