Working in adult social care, you will make a real difference to people's lives every day. We have everything you need to introduce you to the sector.
Support Worker opportunities in St Albans, Hertfordshire
£10.45 per hour
Dimensions is an award winning, life changing, not-for-profit charity which promotes independence for every individual. We pride ourselves on being a values-based employer and if you are looking for a career in care – there couldn’t be anything more rewarding.
We are recruiting for Support Workers in St Albans. Whether you have experience or not, we will help support you to reach your full potential by providing you with all the necessary training, guidance and support you need to complete your care certificate and further qualifications.
This position involves supporting six adults with learning disability and/or autism in a shared living house to live an inclusive independent life. The role will involve:
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Personal care
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities
To be considered for this role, you will need to hold a full UK manual driving licence.
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Rosie Hazell on 0300 303 9150.
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that’s why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
We can offer you:
- Competitive salary.
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days.
- Pensions, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contributions.
- A generous sick pay scheme
- £200 bonus for introducing a friend to us, if we employ them
- A heavily discounted health cash plan
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline for advice ~also available to family members.
- Our award-winning career development programme, Aspire, will support your career path choices, providing you with the skills and knowledge to make the leap to the next level, including personal coaching
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.