Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in our Community Hubs located in Crawley and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
You will be supporting adults with learning disabilities of varying abilities to achieve true independence by supporting them in achieving life skills such as employment and travel training which will also include advocacy and media study sessions. Successful candidates should be flexible and adaptable to change at short notice and able to access community leisure activities including bowling and shopping, therefore they could be at a different location each day.
The applicants will be expected to input daily records for the people they are supporting and there is an expectation to undertake and keep up to date with mandatory training therefore a knowledge of computers is preferable.
Shifts: Monday to Friday 8:45am - 4:09pm with the possibility of evenings and weekends in the future.
Due to the nature of the role you need to be flexible and hold a full UK driving licence.
Why should you work for Dimensions?
We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate. Alongside our excellent training & qualifications programme, we also offer:
- Competitive pay rate of £9.60 per hour
- Work in one location that helps you to build meaningful working relationships
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Access to award winning Aspire career development programme
- Recommend a friend reward of £500
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
A full list of rewards can be found on the job description attached.
Want to apply for this role?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please click on the button below to complete the application process. Please note that we will try to review and shortlist all applications as we receive them and respond as quickly as possible.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training, and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all our recruitment communications.