If you're looking to be a part of something extraordinary - an award-winning, life-changing, not-for-profit charity - where you can make a profound and real difference to the lives of those living with learning disabilities and autism, then look no further than becoming one of our newest support worker based in Newbury where an exciting and richly rewarding career awaits!
At Dimensions, we're looking to recruit compassionate, courageous and ambitious people who boast integrity, who champion respect and who have a genuine interest in - and a passion for - supporting others to work flexibly with us. We offer a variety of shifts and hours, and promise that no two days will be the same; each new shift will present you with inspiring opportunities to help you grow both professionally and personally whilst having a positive impact on the lives of those you support and their families.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is perhaps looking to make the move to an outreach/respite setting, or for someone who is looking for a new challenge. Here we get involved with exciting activities such as swimming, bowling & cinema and walks to parks to feed the ducks. We also enjoy cooking, gardening and solving puzzles. Our families and friends play a big part in our lives so we also need support with maintaining those relationships. The job role will include enabling independence by assisting with day-to-day tasks (this will include finances, shopping, manual handling & personal care). You do not need prior experience in Health or Social Care as full training is given.
Shift patterns: 7am - 2.30pm / 2.30pm - 10pm / sleep ins / alternate weekends
Benefits for Support Workers working with Dimensions include:
- A competitive payrate of £9.60 per hour
- up to 30 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- Opportunities for career progression
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.)
- Industry leading training
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
Dimensions is a values-based employer, when looking for candidates:
- We do not need you to have prior experience as full training is given
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We know that you make a real difference to the lives of the people we support and their loved ones.
We believe that everyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter their background, which is why we primarily recruit based on values, not just skills or experience. So, whether you've worked in health and social care before and are looking for more fulfilment from the work you genuinely enjoy or if you're searching for a change in careers then we'd love to hear from you.