If caring and supporting others is what motivates you to get out of bed every morning; if empowering people to live a richer, more fulfilling life puts a smile on your face, and helping others to achieve the many things that most people take for granted fills you with a sense of pride and joy, then we'd love to you have apply to become our newest full-time Support Worker based in Trowbridge.
Meet "Sam" and "Ashley"
In the beautiful, unique, and up-and-coming town of Trowbridge live "Sam" and "Ashley", both of whom have mild learning disabilities. They share a quiet home close to local amenities, and each has their own ambitions, dreams, hobbies, and personalised support plans.
"Sam" requires mobility assistance (as they have cerebral palsy), plus support with meals (they are nil-by-mouth and require PEG feeding), and they do require full personal care.
"Ashley" has severe epilepsy and Dandy Walker syndrome, but this doesn't dampen their spirits; they enjoy going out with friends, playing skittles, attending Zumba, playing pool, and going to the theatre. Whilst at home, "Ashley" enjoys playing dominos and their Wii.
Both "Sam" and "Ashley" have access to mobility vehicles, so, if you're a driver with a manual license, they'd absolutely love it if you took them out and about so that they can live their lives to the fullest!
What you'll be doing as a Dimensions Support Worker
- Encourage and empower "Sam" and "Ashley" to live their best lives - the lives that they choose to live. You'll achieve this by being actively and enthusiastically involved in every aspect of their daily lives
- When working night shifts (waking nights and sleep-ins are a requirement of this role), you'll ensure that "keeping safe checks" are completed and that "Sam" and "Ashley" are in an environment that is safe, clean, and sanitary
- Respectfully provide personal care, prompting, and mobility assistance when required
- Write and maintain written records (i.e. H&S risk assessments, observations, support plans, etc.)
- Safeguard "Sam" and "Ashley" so that they are always happy, comfortable, and in a clean, safe environment
For further information about this full-time role, the shifts available, and for more details about "Sam" and "Ashley", please contact Kate Loader on email@example.com
What you'll bring to the role
- Sincerity - you demonstrate a genuine interest in - and a passion for - supporting others
- Ambition - you're keen to continue with your personal and professional development; you're socially aspirational (you'd like to help stop the stigma around care work and make a positive impact on the lives of those we support), and you see challenges as affirmative opportunities to learn and grow
- Professionalism - you always act with courage, respect, and integrity. You demonstrate an ability to stay calm and you work well under pressure
- Positivity - you boast an upbeat, resilient attitude, and you practice and champion compassion, empathy, and patience
- Partnership - you have excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal talents, and have an ability to work well within a close-knit team
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
Apply now and/or share this vacancy with someone else you think would make an amazing Support Worker!
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.