Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in someone's life everyday? Are you looking for genuine job satisfaction?
Join Dimensions as a Support Worker enabling the two gentlemen, with Learning Disabilities, who live at our Supported Living Home in Coltishall to enjoy an independent life.
Dimensions Support Workers do not need prior experience in Health Care Assistant or Social Care roles as full training is given.
Benefits for Support Workers working with Dimensions include:
- A competitive payrate with uplift for overtime you chose to work
- Flexible shift patterns to suit your needs
- 30 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- Opportunities for career progression
- Supported ‘Learn to Drive’ scheme (up to 30 driving lessons, 1 theory/practical test - all paid for by us)
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.)
- Life Assurance and Company Pension
- Industry leading training
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
You will be supporting great young man who lives on his own in his home. This gentleman requires support 24 hr a day and sometimes can show behaviour of distress so you will be working in pairs. He loves being out and about specially driving round in his car. He also take a great joy going to the cinema, bowling, going out for meals and seeing family.
The people we support choose what they want to do with their day, part of your role as a Support Worker will be to promote and encourage this.
You will need to have a full drivers licence and access to a vehicle to be considered for this role.
Activities Support Workers may be involved with include:
- Getting out and about into the local community
- Going on walks
- Lunches out at local pubs and cafes
- Listening to music and building rapport with support staff
- Enabling independence by assisting with day-to-day tasks (this may include – but not be limited to – finances, shopping, cooking & personal care)
Shift will include long days, earlies, late and sleep ins.
For further information, please contact Ricky on 07733 310 036.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone who holds the right to work in the UK and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.