"Do you like picturesque walks, music and dancing, swimming, day time socialising? Then please come and support myself and my housemate in Winnersh. We live in our own home which is a happy relaxed place, and we need a Support Worker to help us live our lives to the full whilst keeping us safe, healthy, and happy"
If you're looking to be a part of something extraordinary - an award-winning, life-changing, not-for-profit charity - where you can make a profound and real difference to the lives of those living with learning disabilities and autism, then look no further than becoming one of our newest Support Worker in Winnersh where an exciting and richly rewarding career awaits!
At Dimensions, we're looking to recruit compassionate, courageous and ambitious people who boast integrity, who champion respect and who have a genuine interest in - and a passion for - supporting others. We offer a variety of shifts and hours, and promise that no two days will be the same; each new shift will present you with inspiring opportunities to help you grow both professionally and personally whilst having a positive impact on the lives of those you support and their families.
What will I be doing?
- You will be supporting with personal care, medication, meal preparation, and domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, and laundry
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day home management and support
- Supporting people with their day-to-day travel arrangements and holidays as required
- Co-producing and designing support in partnership with the people who are being supported, their families, and their support teams. This includes developing and delivering their support plan, and reviewing the support they receive against the Dimensions values
- You will also be supporting with all the activities mentioned above and many more!
What training and development & benefits are available?
- A competitive payrate of £9.60 per hour + £45 per sleep in
- up to 30 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- We provide a full induction and training when you join us.
- In addition to regular 1-2-1s and annual appraisals, we will help you develop and progress your career.
- We will pay for and support you to complete the Care Certificate, a requirement for people working in the health and social care sector.
Dimensions is a values-based employer, when looking for candidates:
- Full UK driving license is essential for this role
- We do not need you to have prior experience as full training is given
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We know that you make a real difference to the lives of the people we support and their loved ones.
- Applications are reviewed upon receipt and interviews will take place until the positions are filled.
We believe that everyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter their background, which is why we primarily recruit based on values, not just skills or experience. So, whether you've worked in health and social care before and are looking for more fulfilment from the work you genuinely enjoy or if you're searching for a change in careers then we'd love to hear from you.
Dimensions are proud to be one of very few social care organisations that have been recognised by the Great Places to Work programme in 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022