Here at Dimensions, we are looking for Support Workers to join our new complex needs setting in West Worthing. This setting is a 10 minute walk to train station and close to bus routs. Working at our Supported Living Setting you will enhance the quality of life of two gentlemen who live there by empowering their independence. Dimensions Support Workers do not need prior experience in Health or Social Care as full training is given. We are looking for people who share our values and can support someone to have the life they want to live.
Applicants must be willing to work towards achieving a level 1 qualification in British Sign Language (BSL) to be considered for this position.
As a Support Worker no two days are the same as we encourage the people we support, to live the most independent life they can and help them make informed choices.
Shift Pattern: 7.00am - 2.30pm; 2.30pm - 10pm; 9am - 3pm; 1 10pm - 7am (average of 1 waking nights per week over the month). Applicants must be comfortable with lone working.
Benefits for Support Workers working with Dimensions include:
- Sick Pay
- A competitive payrate of £10.56 per hour
- up to 35 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- Opportunities for career progression
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.)
- Life Assurance and Company Pension
- Industry leading training
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
Activities Support Workers at the service may be involved with include:
- Exploring parks and theme park rides
- Going out to eat and visiting local coffee shops
- Cycling and day trips out
- Playing pool and darts
- Maintaining relationships with family and friends
- Enabling independence by assisting with day-to-day tasks (this may include – but not be limited to – finances, shopping, cooking, manual handling & personal care)
Dimensions is a values-based employer, when looking for candidates:
- It is essential you hold a full UK driving license and access to a vehicle
-We do not need you to have prior experience as full training is given
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We know that you make a real difference to the lives of the people we support and their loved ones.
Dimensions is about people. We are ambitious for the people we support and our colleagues. We want the people we support to have fulfilling lives and we want our colleagues to have great careers with us. So if you would like to be a part of our team and if you feel that your values match ours, please apply by clicking the button below - upload your CV and we will be in touch. You could soon be making a positive difference every day. If you want more information or just an informal chat about Dimensions and the roles we have available – please contact Lina on 0300 303 9150 or drop us an email at email@example.com
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Dimensions.
Dimensions is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Dimensions are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in our offices using assistive technology.