Support Worker - Weymouth
£12.65 per hour
Full and Part-Time Positions Available
Full UK/EU Driving License Essential
Are you looking for a rewarding new position? Would you like to make a positive impact on the lives of three young adults in your local area? Dimensions, an award-winning not-for-profit provider of social care, is seeking Support Workers in Weymouth.
Supporting two gentlemen and one lady, aged between their late teens and mid-twenties, who live in their own home and have learning disabilities; Support Workers will empower their independence by ensuring that they live the lives they choose. The types of activities Support Workers may be providing support with, include:
- Going out for walks and long drives
- Swimming sessions at 1610 Leisure Centre in Dorchester
- Doing arts and crafts when at home
- Taking trips on public transport (buses are a particular favourite)
- Shopping excursions
These young people would like to expand their horizons, so it would be great for them to meet Support Workers who would be happy trying new things with them.
Dimensions a happy to accept applications from full or part-time Support Workers. There are a variety of shifts available between the hours of 7am & 10pm. Support Workers will need to be available to work alternate weekends and complete one sleep-in per week.
Dimensions is happy to offer a pay rate of £12.65 per hour for this position (Sleep- in’s are paid at an allowance of £45 per night).
As the people we support have access to vehicles it is essential all Support Workers hold a full UK/EU Driving License.
Support Workers will also have to assist with finances, meal preparation and personal care.
Benefits for Support Workers choosing to work with Dimensions include:
- We offer 30 days annual leave pro rata with the option to buy and sell leave
- If you refer a friend to us and if they’re successfully employed, you’ll receive a £200 bonus
- We offer paid training and options to further develop your career through funded accredited courses
- Bike to Work scheme and discounts on meals, shopping, entertainment, gym membership and mobile phone tariffs
- We’re a values-driven organisation that puts people with learning disabilities and their families at the heart of everything we do
- We care about our colleagues and are passionate about our comprehensive well-being strategy and staff listening network
- Dimensions are proud to be one of very few social care organisations that have been recognised by the Great Places to Work programme in 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022
Other important information:
- Applications are reviewed upon receipt and interviews will take place until the positions are filled
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- We welcome applications from everyone with the right to work in the UK and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150 if you require adjustments
- British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos are available for all of our recruitment communications