Part-Time (20 hours Mon-Fri 07.00-11.00)
£11.50 per hour
Full UK/EU Driving License essential
Two gentlemen and a lady who Dimensions support at their home in Southbourne, Bournemouth would like a new Support Worker to join the team who enable them to live an independent life.
The gentlemen who are aged in their 50’s and the lady who is in her 40's, and have learning disabilities, would like to meet a part-time or full time Support Worker who would like to get involved in activities such as:
- Ensuring two of the people we support get to and from day centre 3 times a week
- Listening to music
- Day trips out to museums and other places of interest (we recently went to the tank museum)
- Walks down at Hengistbury Head and along the local beaches
- Meals out at local pubs and restaurants
- Swimming at Pelhams Leisure Centre
Both of these gentlemen and the lady use wheelchairs to mobilise (one out of the house the other at all times) but as you can see this does not stop them living an active lifestyle.
This role is Mon-Fri 07.00-11.00 each day (20 hours per week).
Dimensions are pleased to offer Support Workers a pay rate of £11.50 per hour for this role.
Support Workers may also have to assist with finances, meal preparation and assist the people we support with their personal care.
As the people we support have access to vehicles in is essential all Support Workers hold a full UK/EU driving license.
Benefits for Support Workers choosing to work with Dimensions include:
- We offer 30 days annual leave pro rata with the option to buy and sell leave
- If you refer a friend to us and if they’re successfully employed, you’ll receive a £200 bonus
- We offer paid training and options to further develop your career through funded accredited courses
- Bike to Work scheme and discounts on meals, shopping, entertainment, gym membership and mobile phone tariffs
- We’re a values-driven organisation that puts people with learning disabilities and their families at the heart of everything we do
- We care about our colleagues and are passionate about our comprehensive well-being strategy and staff listening network
- Dimensions are proud to be one of very few social care organisations that have been recognised by the Great Places to Work programme in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
Other important information:
- Applications are reviewed upon receipt and interviews will take place until the positions are filled
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- We welcome applications from everyone with the right to work in the UK and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150 if you require adjustments
- British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos are available for all of our recruitment communications